How to Use or Incorporate Crystals into your Day to Day!
Here are some ways you can use your crystals to promote positivity into your day to day life:
- One Special Crystal – Carry one crystal every day for 7 days – keep it under your pillow, in your purse or pocket, or on your desk while working.
- Placement in the Home or Work place – many people place large chunks of black tourmaline outside their home or smaller pieces in the corners of the rooms in their home. You can add bowls of tumbled stones, or place large clusters, or polished pieces in different rooms to bring a nice and harmonious energy to your home or workplace. Try combining them with meaningful treasures, flowers, plants or sachets made with essential oils and dried herbs or dried flowers.
- Medicine Bag (mojo bag, medicine pouch, amulet bag) – Choose two or more crystals to carry with you choosing them by intention. You can research the metaphysical properties of the crystals you have or choose them intuitively. For example, you can choose citrine, jade and orange calcite if you are looking to create a medicine bag for prosperity. Alternatively, a medicine bag to help with anxiety may contain amethyst, lepidolite and lithium quartz.
- Medicine Bag, more personalized – if you have a small trinket such as a special coin, a charm, a ring, or other small item that carries special meaning for you this can be added to your medicine bag and carried with you and/or kept under your pillow at night. You can hand-write an affirmation to place in the bag along with crystals that match the intention of the affirmation. Adding herbs or dried flowers adds another layer of energy to your medicine bag. Try cloves or cinnamon for prosperity, lavender or chamomile for calm, or rosemary, basil or feverfew leaves for protection.
- Sacred Space – choose an area to create a personal space with rough crystals, clusters, candles and other items that you are drawn to or that represent an intention for you. These objects can bring some positive energy to your space while also serving as a conscious reminder of the intention you are focusing on.
- Create a Crystal Grid – arrange a variety of crystals in a symmetrical or geometric pattern choosing them with intent and focus on the outcome you would like to manifest. By placing your crystal grid (a crystal grid is the grouping of crystals used, not the item it is placed on) on a drawing or Sacred Geometry image you are also adding another layer of energies to your intention.
- Affirmation Stone – choose an obelisk shaped crystal, a crystal cluster or a crystal point to use as your affirmation stone. Place a hand written affirmation below it and make sure to read aloud your affirmation each day for as many days as you feel the need to.
- Meditation – chose a tumbled stone or polished piece to either hold in your hand while relaxing and meditating or use a medium sized cluster or polished piece as a focal point during a focused meditation.
- Body Layout – put down a yoga mat or blanket to get comfortable and place crystals around your body. You can choose crystals intuitively or for a specific purpose. This is a good time to relax and unwind or think about the intention of the crystals you have chosen.
- Chakra Balancing / Clearing – you can choose crystals that are customarily used for each individual chakra and place them on your body while lying prone to help work on clearing and / or balancing one or more of the seven major chakras.
- Crystallize your Bath! – My favorite bath is one where I add rough rose quartz chunks to the tub along with some essential oils. After checking to make sure your tumbled stones or rough pieces can tolerate a little soak in water, you can add smaller pieces to a sheer drawstring back with some dried flowers to make your bath into a crystal spa 🙂
- Daily Tarot Card / Crystal Pull – if you pull a daily tarot or affirmation card you can choose a corresponding crystal/tumbled stone and create an arrangement around it or place it where you will see it several times a day to help you to sub-consciously and consciously remember the message behind the card you pulled.